- Italian Style Salmon Sausage Fettuccine
- Italian Style Salmon Sausage with Bowtie Pasta and Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- Mediterranean Pizza
- Grilled Smoked Jalapeno Salmon Sausages with Three Sauces
- Polenta, Salmon Sausage and Tomato
- Salmon Sausage & Shrimp Kebob with Lime Cilantro Marinade
- Salmon Sausage Sandwich
- 4 links Italian Style w/ Whiskey Salmon Sausage
- 12 oz. pkg. fettuccine
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (seeded & chopped)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (seeded & chopped)
- 1 small Zucchini (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup White Wine (optional)
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- 8 oz. Basil Pesto
Slice sausage along bias. Cook fettuccine. Drain and set aside. Coat large skillet with non-stick cooking spray or a small amount of olive oil. Brown sausage.
Add white wine and lemon juice. Cook 3 minutes. Add peppers and zucchini. Cook until tender—drain. Add pesto. Mix well. Toss with pasta and serve.
- Add chopped garlic, sliced mushrooms, green onions, or sliced black olives.
- Substitute chopped tomatoes and cilantro in place of pesto.
- 8 oz. Bow Tie Pasta
- 1 lb. Italian Style Salmon Sausage
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 2 Shallots, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- ¾ cup Clam Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Basil
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic
- 1 cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Walnuts, chopped
Cook pasta in salted boiling water, drain, and chill. Cook sausage on grill 5 minutes, chill. Roast cut red bell pepper under broiler. Place in plastic bag 15 minutes. Remove skin, chill.
Combine peppers, shallots, vinegar, clam juice, Basil and garlic in Cusinart. Blend until smooth. Add cilantro, chop lightly. Blend in pesto sauce with lemon juice and salt.
Cut sausage on bias ½ inch thick. Blend cooked pasta thoroughly with sausage and pesto. Add chopped walnuts-refrigerate.
- 1 pizza crust (10”)
- 2 Italian Style w/ Whiskey Sausages, grilled and diced
- 4 oz peppercorn goat cheese
- ½ cup marinated artichoke hearts minced
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted & minced
- 1 lg. or 2 med. tomatoes, chopped
- 6 oz. mozzarella cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 450. Combine tomatoes, artichoke hearts & olives in a small bowl. Spread goat cheese on pizza crust. Sprinkle mozzarella over pizza. Bake until cheese is bubbly, about 10-12 minutes.
8, Hickory Smoked Sausages, steamed and lightly grilled on the barbecue.
Red Pepper and Ginger Sauce
- 2 roasted red peppers (jarred is fine)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 ½ Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. dried orange peel
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. honey
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Chill.
Oriental Green Sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chopped ginger
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. mint, minced
Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
Zesty Barbecue Sauce
- ½ cup of your favorite commercial BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Combine in a bowl.
- 1 recipe basic polenta
- 4 links of Italian Style w/ Whiskey Sausage
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ cup tomato sauce
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 cups nonfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup stone ground yellow cornmeal
Combine the milk, butter, sugar and salt in a heavy saucepan and heat to a simmer. Slowly add the cornmeal in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Lower the heat & continue stirring with a wooden spoon until mixture has thickened and leaves side of pan. (About 10 minutes).
Preheat oven to 375. Butter a 2 ½ quart casserole dish. Combine polenta and ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Place in dish. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. of the remaining parmesan. Add tomato sauce and sausages. Top with remaining cheese. Bake until bubbling. (About 30 minutes).
- 4 links Salmon Sausage (any type)
- 16 med. or lg. shrimp in shell
- 1 medium Red Onion, cut into 1” chunks
- 1 red pepper cut into 1” chunks
Slice Sausage into1” rounds. Alternately skewer with red pepper, red onion and chill in marinade for 30 minutes. Grill or broil for about 8 minutes, turning until shrimp are opaque and vegetables are tender. Brush with marinade while cooking.
Lime and Cilantro Marinade
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup real lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup ground white pepper
- 2 cups salad oil
- 4 links Salmon Sausage (cooked)
- 4 mini French bread loaves
- 1 med green pepper
- 1 small onion sliced
- 8 slices lowfat mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup pizza or tomato sauce
Heat oven to 350. Place sausage inside bread. Place peppers & onions beside sausage. Spread with sauce. Layer with cheese. Wrap each loaf in foil. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.